Introducing Essential Green Roof Construction, The Complete Step-by-Step Guide. This is my in-depth guide to building simple green roofs for houses and small buildings. I am honoured to be a part of this amazing series of sustainable building essentials by New Society Publishers.
I wrote this book in response to the numerous requests I had received to help guide homeowners construct their own green roofs.
What can you expect to find in this book? A lot! It is packed with detailed photos, illustrations, case studies, and code compliance advice. Coverage includes:
- The benefits of a green roof
- The basics of planning and design
- Assessing site conditions such as aspect, slope, and loads
- Navigating building codes and working with building officials
- Material options, including professional grade and economical or local alternatives
- Planting suggestions for different roof climates and conditions, including food production
- When to call on professionals to ensure safety and integrity
- Step-by-step guidance for safe roof installation and detailing
- Annual green roof maintenance.